This is a Training for Yoga students/teachers that want an in-depth exploration, practice and study in the profound tradition of Pranayama, Kriya and Dharana.
Stage One (can be taken alone)
Stage One is a 5‑month personal journey through these subtle practices. You should have enough experience and time to be ready for that journey. There is an expectation that you practice regularly between the modules. Otherwise, you miss the depth and effect this work can have.
Modules 1 – 5 can be attended live on the ZOOM, OR watched as a recording at your convenience
at your own time. Recorded material is sent between the Modules to follow along.
Stage Two (Stage One must be completed fully)
If you wish to teach Pranayama, Stage 2 (Modules 6 – 7) course is available directly after with 2 longer Modules and recordings specifically looking at how to teach, sequence, and working effectively with Pranayama in a course or private setting. There is also some homework and personal follow up in this module.
You will be certified by Stephen Thomas SVARUPA YOGA (E‑RYT). The combination of the
detailed course Manual, contact Training hours, recorded material and group study, gives one the
clarity and confidence to offer this work in group and/or private settings. There are follow up
studies and support offered through SVARUPA YOGA along with a growing community of
students & teachers working in this area.
The content of this Training covers:
- The content of this Training covers:
- In-depth technique of the Traditional Pranayamas and Kriyas of Hatha Yoga
- In-depth look at various Dharana/Meditation techniques relate to breath and Prana Vidya*
- In-depth study of Bandhas, Kumbhakas, Timing, Ratios
- Work with some Modern techniques vs. Traditional Yoga Practices
- Sequencing for yourself — how to grow your practice over time, respond to seasons, life, etc
- Key Asanas to open Breath Body, influence proper breathing, stabilize the seated position
- Merging Asana and Pranayama
- Working with common challenges (eg. tightness of breath, imbalances, stress, poor sleep)
- Working to help with certain conditions (eg. hyper-tension, depression, insomnia)
- Morning versus Evening considerations, working with Moon Cycles and Seasons
- Using the Internal Cleansing Kriyas — the Shatkarmas of Hatha Yoga
- in-depth Ayurvedic perspectives relative to breath
- Anatomy of Breath
- Pranayama and the Nervous System
- Pranayama and the Chakra System, Vayus, Nadis
- Supine Pranayama and Savasana techniques
- Chanting and Mantra
Course Details & Dates TT 22/23
…Info coming soon…